Vasospastic Angina Presenting With Syncope and Chest Pain: A Case Report and Brief Literature Review.
A 65-year-old male presented to the hospital with chest pain associated with recurrent syncope. He had a history of coronary artery disease and a long-standing history of smoking. While he was hospitalized, he had an episode of chest pain during which he was found to have transient ST segment elevation in the inferior leads. He was also noted to have a brief cardiac tachyarrhythmia. Coronary arteriography revealed vasospasm of the left anterior descending artery and right coronary artery, which were relieved to a significant extent after administration of intracoronary nitroglycerin. Subsequent angiograms and fractional flow reserve studies, demonstrated underlying non-obstructive coronary artery disease at the sites of spasm. No percutaneous coronary intervention was pursued. The patient was started on a calcium channel blocker on dismissal from the hospital. Upon follow up several months later, he remained free of symptoms that brought him to the hospital.
- Renal Angiomyolipoma With Incidental Oncocytoma: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Sunassee A, Muirhead DM.. S D Med. 2017 Nov;70(11):511-513.
- Vasospastic Angina Presenting With Syncope and Chest Pain: A Case Report and Brief Literature Review. Malik SA, Porter TT, Pavlides G, Chatzizisis Y. S D Med. 2017 Nov;70(11):498-502.
- Workplace-Based Interventions for Neck Pain in Office Workers: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Chen X, Coombes BK, Sjøgaard G, Jun D, O’Leary S, Johnston V. Phys Ther. 2017 Oct 23.
- Lateral Atlantoaxial Osteoarthritis: A Narrative Literature Review. Buraimoh MA, Massie LW, Montgomery DM. Clin Spine Surg. 2017 Oct 30.
- Osseointegration for Lower-Limb Amputation: A Systematic Review of Clinical Outcomes. Hebert JS, Rehani M, Stiegelmar R. JBJS Rev. 2017 Oct 31.